Which are better, eye glasses or contact lenses?Whether you opt to wear glasses or a pair of contact lenses for vision correction depends on your own personal preferences. When deciding between the two options, take into consideration your lifestyle, what’s most comfortable to you and what you feel best wearing. Before choosing, also bear in mind one is not necessarily a better choice than the other. (Many people also wear both!)
For example, eyeglasses offer some benefits over contact lenses such as:
- They require little cleaning and maintenance; you don’t have to place them directly on your eyes to wear them, which decreases your risk for eye infections and irritations.
- Glasses can be less expensive over time than wearing contact lenses, which have an ongoing cost of replacement lenses and lens solution. (Both glasses and contacts, however, are affordable vision correction options.)
- Glasses also don’t need to be replaced as often as contacts.
- Glasses can be an extension of your personality and make a great fashion statement since there are so many great styles to choose from.
As for contacts, they, too, have advantages:
- Contacts conform to the curvature of your eye and provide a wider unobstructed view.
- Contact lenses can be more convenient when playing sports or exercising. Glasses can be damaged or lost.
- Contact lenses aren’t as obvious as eyeglasses. Most people can’t tell you’re even wearing contacts.
- Contacts won’t fog up in cold weather like glasses or steam up when you’re cooking over a hot stove.
Are you ready to take the first step toward improving your vision? Contact us today to request an appointment. Following a thorough eye exam, we can help you determine the vision correction method that makes the most sense for you. It might be glasses or contact lenses — or a pair of both. It’s up to you! Just call (801) 476-0494.