Whether you opt to wear eyeglasses or a pair of contact lenses for vision correction depends on your own personal preferences. When deciding between the two options, take into consideration lifestyle, comfort, convenience, cost and aesthetics. Before choosing, also bear in mind one is not necessarily a better choice than the other.
For example, eyeglasses offer some benefits over contact lenses such as:
- They require little cleaning and maintenance; you don’t have to touch your eyes to wear them which decreases your risk for eye infections and irritations,
- Glasses are less expensive than most contact lenses.
- Glasses also don’t need to be replaced as often as contacts
- Glasses can be an extension of your personality and make a great fashion statement since there are so many great styles to choose from.
As for contacts, they, too, have advantages:
- Contacts conform to the curvature of your eye and provide a wider sense of view. As a result, they cause fewer vision distortions and obstructions than regular eyeglasses.
- Contact lenses aren’t a hindrance when playing sports or exercising.
- Contact lenses aren’t as obvious as eyeglasses.
- Contacts won’t fog up in cold weather like glasses or steam up when you’re cooking over a hot stove.
Are you ready to take the first step toward improving your vision? Call us today to request an appointment. Following a thorough eye exam, our doctors can help you determine the vision correction method that makes the most sense for you.